Friday, October 3, 2014

I'm Back!!!

Wow!!!  I can't believe it has been over 6 month since my last post.  This past spring and summer was wild and crazy around my house.  I have been working in the garage, just haven't found time to post anything!  So, my next few posts will be a dump of everything that has been going on in
Gretchen's Garage for the past 6 months!

First up are some items I made for a friend who owns a restaurant.
They serve barbeque so they have a rustic theme!

CROWD CONTROL POSTS




I made the post with pine 4 x 4, 2 x 6 and 2 x 4 boards.
They are stained with Minwax Dark Walnut and
coated with Minwax Polycrylic in Satin Finish.

SADDLE STAND





***********************************************************************
A friend sews doll clothes and she go me interested  in building a doll clothes wardrobe.
This is what I came up with!
I have sold 5 so far - they are $35 if you are local and are interested leave me a message!!
They would make a great Christmas Gift.

AMERICAN GIRL DOLL WARDROBE









************************************************************************

CHALK PAINT

 A good friend gave me a few small pots of CeCe Caldwell's chalk paint.
So ...  I made her a box.
I did a base coat in Young Kansas Wheat and a top coat in Michigan Pine.
Next step was sand lightly to reveal some of the base coat and then a coat of paste wax.





*****************************************************************************

BEFORE AND AFTERS

Next up is a small dresser I painted for a friend.
It started as a light stained well used dresser and
turned into a beautiful black finish
with gold glaze on the drawers.

SMALL DRESSER BEFORE



 SMALL DRESSER AFTER





Next I freshened up a four post vintage bed that a friend gave me.
It was well used!  I sanded it and painted it white.
I sold it on Craig's List to a father who wanted it for his daughter's bedroom.
That is exactly where I thought it should go!

VINTAGE BED BEFORE:







VINTAGE BED AFTER





When my neighbor's had a moving sale there were a few items left they did not want to take with them
so they gave them to me!
There were two tables that needed a bit of work but they came out great!

SMALL TABLE BEFORE



SMALL TABLE AFTER





LARGE TABLE BEFORE



LARGE TABLE AFTER




Well that's it for now!  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: