Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A New Room for Sam!

Sam and I decided it was time to do a room that fit his personality and age :)!!  So .... here it is!

Modern Platform Bed


Sam choose a picture of a  modern platform bed on Houzz found here
and I duplicated it to the best of my ability.
He wanted me to do it in black.  I used black stain so some of the wood would show through.

Here is what we came up with:











Pottery Barn Style Desk

Next I designed a workspace using a desktop from Pottery Barn I got at a garage sale.
I made two shelf units for the top to sit on.  I painted the whole thing black.



I found the stool at a thrift shop and spray painted in.



His dresser is one I bought at a thrift shop and painted for our office but we decided it would work well in Sam's room.  More on that here.



The bedside table and shelves were things I built for his previous room. 



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: