Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Emmy's New House

Emmy & Nate bought a new house this past spring and she had lots of projects for me!!!
They found a great Tudor style home in a great neighborhood and I am really excited for them. 



 Here are some of the projects I did for her:

Farmhouse Table

She asked me to build a table because she had a certain size she wanted, 4' wide x 7' long!!
It works perfectly in her new dining room with the chairs from her old dining set
that we painted and she recovered a few years ago.









Shelves 

The house had a small nook in the kitchen.
It was the perfect place for a little dresser Emmy had painted for her previous house.
She asked me to do some shelves for above it.  
We bought the corbels at Osborne Wood Products.




Cabinet

In older homes extra storage is always a bonus!
We took an old record player cabinet from her grandfather's house painted it,
 and now she has some extra storage in the front hall!

BEFORE

(I forgot to take before pictures of the next two projects so these are some pictures of in progress in my garage!)








It was in pretty bad condition so we decided painting was a good idea.
I rebuilt most of the interior to give her more shelves.
We used the original hardware after spray painting it gold.

AFTER





I also made the chalkboard and Emmy had a friend do the chalk art!!
Isn't it great?  You can see more of her work at Erin Barker Illustration.

Chest of Drawers

Emmy wanted some extra storage in her upstairs hall so we took an old dresser and painted it.
This gives her space for extra linens etc.
Again, we used the original hardware after spraying it gold.

BEFORE



AFTER





There are a few other projects but I think this is enough for one post!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment