Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's been a while!






It has been too long since I posted, but I have been very busy!  I had knee surgery 4 weeks ago (it went very well) and I had to take a break from heavy lifting and being on my feet too long!!  I have lots of projects to post about though so here goes.
 
A friend of mine had an old family heirloom chair that had a broken seat and was very much in need of a makeover.  I repaired the original wood with glue and then added new wood inside to support the wood that had been broken.  I used Howard's "Restor-a-Finish" in dark walnut followed by Howard's "Feed-n-Wax" Wood Polish and Conditioner to refresh the wood.  Rather than go to the expense of having a professional reupholster the chair my friend let me have a go at doing the upholstering.  I think it will work well for a chair that is not used much but, I still have a long way to go with my upholstery skills :)  What do you think?




 


 

 
 





Rather than go to the expense of having springs redone I went with a plywood seat covered with 2" foam, batting and then the fabric.



 
 









My friend really wanted a zebra print but her sister had something more neutral in mind so I threw these pillows in as a bonus!!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 

 

 

 
 
 










1 comment: