Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Trunks!

I have been busy in the garage for the past few weeks working on some small projects for friends and making trunks!
Emmy wanted me to build her a new tack trunk.  She is moving her horse to a new stable and wanted a small trunk that will fit the space better.  I did lots of research on-line and Emmy gave me measurements and pictures but I wanted to build a practice trunk.  It came out great but was bigger than Emmy wanted.  I made it out of 1/2" oak plywood and trimmed it in pine.  I learned a lot from this build so I built a trunk for Emmy out of 3/4" oak plywood and trimmed it in oak. 

Here is my practice trunk:


It measures 35.5" wide x 25.75" deep x 24.75" tall on the outside and
33" wide x 23" deep x 20" tall on the inside.
I finished it with a mixture of stains so it is blue, gray with a hint of brown!









I just listed this trunk on Craig's List for $200 so if you are in the Cincinnati area and
need a nice big trunk let me know!


Here is a sneak peek of Emmy's Trunk:



I also made a tote for her grooming supplies:



Here is my new "toy" that was a big help in making the trunks - a table saw!


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment