Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Crate for a Sweet Little Girl!

A friend's daughter is having a baby girl soon so I made this cute little crate to store all the toys this sweet little girl is sure to accumulate!  I just love her name!!






I used some leftover wood in the garage to make the crate and used my handy Kreg Jig to attach the sides to the bottom. The slates in the front and back are attached with glue and nails.  I then painted some areas pink and where I wanted the pink to show I put a bit of Vaseline to keep the white paint from sticking.  After 2 coats of white paint I rubbed with fine grit sandpaper and the pink paint below came through!  The letters for the name are stick on letters from a scrap booking shop!  After I had just the right amount of distressing I coated the whole crate with 2 coats of Polycrylic by Minwax.  I drilled holes in the sides and threaded pretty ribbon through for handles.  I did place the holes in a standard width though so sturdier handles could be added later if needed.    I love how it came out and I pray God richly blesses sweet baby Madelyn Grace!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little crate. What a good gift idea. You crafty girl you.

    ReplyDelete