Monday, June 25, 2012

Sprucing up the Back Door

This past week I spent some time in the garage building hand rails for my back door.  One of the perks of having my parents in Cincinnati, is having them visit frequently.  I hope these handrails will help entering my house easier and safer for them.  After building and painting the rails I decided that the door could use some paint and some hooks would be great for all the dog stuff!! 



I had lots of fun with this project because I got to use a compound miter saw!  A neighbor and friend, Jerry, loaned me his, and it made the project a breeze!  Jerry also brought me all the wood in the pictures below - solid oak!  One of his clients was removing a big built in media center and wanted the wood gone :)  This should give me plenty to work with for a while at least.  

Side Pieces

Trim

Shelves


Next project bookshelves for Emily and Nate!

Have a great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment